Reminder about the Local Plan Consultation:
The local plan is going through its consultation stages at the moment and some of the larger sites in the north of the district have received a number of objections so EHDC are obliged to review other options across the district.
One of these options EHDC would like your views on is the land to the South of Land East of Horndean and you can view the options in full at the consultation being held at Barton Hall (Horndean technology College) on Monday 23 September starting at 4:00pm running till 7:00pm.
For my thoughts across the district we need to take our equal share of housing to cater for our own growing needs so the areas to the north need to do this too. The allocation for land East of Horndean takes us to 2036 and we need to consider the further land as an option for use beyond this date. In addition the land owner and developer who have the option are not doing an efficient job of bringing the current allocation at LEOH to fruition so should not be rewarded with further allocated land.
If you cant make the local consultation on the 23rd September then here is a full list of the other dates and locations:
The consultation will last six weeks and include six drop-in events.
- Alton Assembly Rooms – Tuesday 3 September, 4-7pm
- Barton Hall, Horndean – Saturday 7 September, 10am-2pm
- Alton Assembly Rooms – Saturday 14 September, 10am-2pm
- Forest Community Centre, Bordon – Thursday 19 September, 4-7pm
- Barton Hall, Horndean – Monday 23 September, 4-7pm
- Forest Community Centre, Bordon – Saturday 28 September, 10am-2pm
The 10 sites under consideration are:
- Northbrook Park
- Whitehill & Bordon
- Chawton Park Farm
- Land East of Horndean (Hazelton Farm)
- Land south east of Liphook
- Neatham Down
- Four Marks south
- Land west of Lymington Bottom Road, South Medstead
- South Medstead
- Land south of Winchester Road, Four Marks.
For more information please go to www.easthants.gov.uk/draft-local-plan
Cllr Sara Schillemore