There have been a number of theft from vehicles reported to Police over the last 48 hrs across the Butser Sector. Theft from vehicles is now a district priority and as such your local neighbourhood policing team will remain committed to supporting victims of crime and targeting offenders.
Locations of Recent Theft from Vehicles:
- Oak Leaf Way,
- Juniper Road,
- Holdenhurst Close – Horndean,
- Valley Park Drive,
- Homefield Way – Clanfield
Please read our advice below:
- Park your vehicle in a secure area (in a garage or behind locked gates, if possible).
- If you can’t, park in a well-lit street in easy view of your own or neighbours’ houses.
- Where possible, remove valuable items from the vehicle overnight and store them in a secure place.
- Do not leave tools or equipment on view inside the vehicle.
- Consider fitting an appropriate alarm system, protecting the cabin and load areas.
- Apply a security marking product to power tools and equipment. Alternatively, etch or emboss identifiable marks to these items.
- Consider installing secure storage containers or lockers in the van to store tools in.
- Ensure that the van doors are securely lockable and consider having suitable deadlocks installed.
- Make sure to physically check that the van doors and windows are locked if you have used the remote to lock the vehicle, even if the feedback indicates the van as locked.
- When visiting businesses, try to park close to the entrance and preferably in the view of CCTV
- Log your property for free at www.immobilise.com
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.