Leydene Attempted Burglary Wed 11 Oct
There was an attempt burglary between 2100 11/10/17 – 2130 11/10/17, in the area of Leydene farm gardens, Offenders tried to gain entry via a side door.
If you have any information in relation to the incident please ring 101 quote 44170395402.
Close and secure all gates when practicable, ensure garages and the vehicles inside are all secure. If possible install security lighting / CCTV.
Blendworth Lane Workshop Burglary Tues 10 Oct
Sometime between dates/times 10/10/2017 17:00 & 11/10/2017 08:00 Unknown person/s have gained access to a garden workshop in Blendworth Lane, Horndean. On this occasion Garden tools were stolen
Please read our advice below:
- Place all tools and garden equipment in locked sheds and garages.
- Secure more expensive items, e.g. mowers, bikes to an anchor point within the shed or garage.
- Mark all items with postcode and record serial numbers. e.g. UV pens or forensic marking kits. Register the details for free on www.immobilise.com
- Take photographs of items such as statues and garden furniture if they are unusual, for easy identification at a later date.
- Fit a shed alarm.
- Keep the structure in good repair.
- Consider covering windows with curtains to obscure the view of the contents.
- Consider external lighting.
- Ensure the garden fences are in good repair between neighbours to prevent unlawful access.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community.
In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police. Alternatively report it via Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 anonymously.