Drift Road Burglary and Car Theft
Overnight on the 27th October 2017 a private home was burgled in Drift Road, Clanfield and the offender/s then stole the home owners vehicle keys from within the house.
The offender/s then stole the vehicle. The vehicle has since been found abandoned
The police are appealing for any information that the community may have. Please telephone 101 and quote reference number 44170418989.
Rowlands Castle Car Theft
On 28th October 2017 between 15.00 hrs – 18.30hrs person/s unknown have stolen a vehicle that was locked, secure and left parked in Finchdean Road, Rowlands Castle.
The police are appealing for any information to help identify the offender/s
Please telephone 101 and quote reference number 44170419539
Sometime between dates/times 27/10/2017 11:00 – 27/10/2017 13:20 Unknown person/s have gained access to a property in Patersons Lane, Blendworth. On this occasion a number of jewellery items were stolen.
Please read our advice below:
- Check your insurance documents for any specific security requirements or upgrades.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
- Lock all windows and doors, remembering to double lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Keep all keys out of reach and sight from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through letterbox).
- Do not leave ladders and garden tools in your garden, lock them away in your shed.
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges.
- Consider fitting security lighting and a burglar alarm.
- Mark your property with postcode and house number and register your property for free with www.immobilise.com
- Make use of timer switches to make the property appear occupied.
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
- Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault.
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police. Alternatively report it via Crimestoppers charity on 0800 555 111 anonymously.