With the recent interest in development in Horndean, and the pressure this would put on our services like education, the next Community Forum meeting will be about Education. this is a great topic of relevance, and Martin Shefferd who is the School Organisation Officer at the children’s Service Department at Hampshire County Council will be giving a presentation and taking questions.
The agenda will cover:
• Education In The Area
• School places
• Capacity and allocation of schools in the area
• The proposed school on the Hazleton Farm Development (subject to planning)
• The future of the schools in the area
• School Placements Policy and
• He has offered to explain the position regarding CIL and s106 agreements and the need for EHDC to work closely with the County Council to provide the CIL funding to expand schools?
This PUBLIC MEETING will be at Merchistoun Hall on Tuesday 14th October from 6:30pm and all are welcome.
The plan is to continue this theme of local infrastructure and we hope to get someone from Hampshire County Council to join us for the January meeting.