During the elections a number of comments were raised at the door, and a key one was that the visible presence of the Councillors is limited, and only during the election period. To address this I will be preparing 3 or 4 newsletters a year, and maintaining this blog. The first newsletter which was delivered in late August / Early September is here: August 2012 Newsletter
The next newsletter will go out in November.
Feedback to the newsletter:
- There have been about 20 email replies giving feedback, and the very clear response was that the newsletter is a good format to keep in touch, and far better than door knocking:
- There was support for a Blog, and, thankfully, no encouragement to use Twitter.
- Speeding a lot of support for the SID unit, some thoughts on keeping the locations fresh with other roads suggested. Will pass these onto the SID team.
- 1 respondent in favour of encouraging traffic to use Drift Road and London Road as opposed to Downwood Road. Some equal objections to use of Drift road too.
- Residents association – some acknowledgement that an Association has benefits, but overwhelming apathy
- BT phone Kiosk on North Road is unloved by BT, and also by the community as a whole, so I will follow up its removal.
- Damaged play area surface at Downs Park – reported to HPC who are following this up with repairs on other sites.
- Many concerns about parking on London Road near Horndean village centre affecting the traffic. Have followed up with the County Councillor.
- Patient capacity in the local surgeries needs to be monitored, especially with the closure of primary care trusts and County Councils taking on responsibility.
- Dog walkers and picking up – EHDC issued a fine on a walker in Horndean just recently.